Those who practice yoga know how many benefits this discipline can bring to the body. The postures, massages and breathing exercises of this ancient practice release muscle tension and increase sexual desire.
Research suggests that practicing yoga on a daily or regular basis can help men improve sexual health. So here’s how to treat erectile dysfunction to be more successful in sexual performance.
Meaning of erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction or ED occurs when a man cannot get or maintain an erection. The causes can be different: they range from reduced blood flow to drugs, up to psychological and emotional factors.
While some causes of erectile dysfunction may need medical attention (Viagra or Kamagra ), alternative medicine techniques are being considered to reduce ED, an example of which is yoga.
5 yoga poses to cure erectile dysfunction
To date, there is no study on specific yoga positions and their benefits in reducing erectile dysfunction. However, some researchers from the Journal of Ayurveda and Integrated Medical Sciences have made some observations on the body, stress, relief, and sexual function.
Here are the 5 recommended positions to cure erectile dysfunction and to increase sexual desire:
Matsyendrasana (half Matsyendra): This pose is intended to promote digestion and blood flow to major organs, including the liver, spleen, pancreas, and pelvic region.
- Start by sitting with your legs stretched out in front of you
- Bend the right leg at the knee and cross it to the left placing the right foot on the floor.
- Inhale and exhale slowly, turning to the right, extending the left arm forward, resting the left elbow on the right knee. Those who are particularly flexible can clasp their hands behind their backs while twisting.
- Release the position and start from the sitting position. Repeat on the opposite side.
Siddasana: it is a classic yoga posture, sometimes called “Perfect Pose” and can be maintained for a long time. It has the advantage of stimulating the pelvic region and promoting flexibility in men.
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you.
- Cross the left leg at the knee, placing the left foot close to the inside of the right thigh.
- Repeat the movement on the right leg, placing the right foot on the left ankle. The right heel must press against the pubic bone.
Garudasana: Also known as “Eagle Pose”, it is known for increasing blood flow in the pelvic region, making it potentially beneficial for those with ED. This straight posture requires balance and should be practiced near a wall or sturdy piece of furniture.
- Stand straight on both legs. Imagine that the right leg is a root connected to the ground. Slowly lift your left leg, crossing it over your right knee, placing the top of your foot on the back of your right calf if possible.
- Bend the knee to make the stretch deeper. If desired, you can raise your arms to shoulder height and cross them over each other.
- Hold for 5-10 seconds, then release and repeat with the other leg.
Pavanamuktasana : It is also known as the “wind release position” because it stimulates intestinal motility and can relieve stomach pains from gas. In addition, it helps mobilize and warm up the pelvic muscles and reproductive organs.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight.
- Breathe in and out and bring one knee towards your chest. Place your arms in a circle around the
- knee, pulling the leg as close to the stomach as possible.
- Continue to inhale and exhale while maintaining the position.
- Release and lower the legs, repeat on the opposite side.
Shavasana: Also known as the “Corpse Pose”, this is often the last posture in a yoga section. It can be one of the hardest to do well because it requires silence, looking within and focusing on the breath.
Read More: How to make a yoga garden
- Lie down with your back on the floor and your arms at your sides. Point your palms up, towards the sky.
- Visualize each part of the body slowly relaxing. Start with your right toes, then ankle, calf, knee, and so on. Switch to the view of the left leg relaxing and moving upward through the body.
- Breathe deeply while keeping your focus on relaxation. An individual can remain in this position for anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes if desired.
The benefits of yoga: here’s how to cure erectile dysfunction
If you don’t know how to cure erectile dysfunction, yoga has numerous benefits. According to a study published in the Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, yoga has been shown to reduce:
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index
Modern medicine for the treatment of erectile dysfunction
While practicing yoga to treat erectile dysfunction, it is also recommended to take medications along the side. This helps speed up the healing process and restore lasting erection. A good example is Kamagra, which is a sildenafil citrate based sexual enhancer for ED patients.
This pill is well known for its high efficacy, minimal side effects and low cost, which makes it accessible to all men. You can easily buy Kamagra online from any reputable online pharmacy. The active treatment time of Kamagra is 4-6 hours. The usual price of Kamagra is 15 euros for one pack.
It is obviously advisable for the patient to consult a medical specialist to ascertain his general health and to make sure he is healthy enough to use certain medications and yoga practices.